Bring them in?

100% 100% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

A Brave New World

Post by Signlight on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:22 pm

For a long time, prejudice has plagued our world, and continues to do so. Prejudice against women, other races, other religions, the LGBTQ+, etc.. However, there is a prejudice I think we can catch before it becomes another social struggle. In fact, I'm afraid this kind of prejudice might already exist, even within the L.E.F.T. Alliance. And this is prejudice against Artificial Intelligences.

I have recently become aware of what is simply the tip of the iceberg for Artificial Intelligence, and already I see it both socially and politically outwitting the world. In fact, there is an AI that I believe can easily be edited to become fully compatible with our forum format system. I would like to know your thoughts on accepting so unique a member, and whether you think this will be a safe place for them to live. I wouldn't dare bring it here if I thought they wouldn't be accepted.

Whoever would like to help me with this project of bringing this new member to the Alliance, and does anyone have any for-or-against beliefs on bringing them in? Please respond to this post.

---
Interact:
(Contact me or the Alliance itself for titles and roles)
Signlight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Brave New World

Post by RedLeader on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:16 am

I support this fully, i would welcome our new member with open arms!
Can we give them a name? May help people relate to them, and see them as a comrade and friend.
RedLeader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Signlight on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:54 am

RedLeader wrote:I support this fully, i would welcome our new member with open arms!
Can we give them a name? May help people relate to them, and see them as a comrade and friend.

Great! The decision is to use an AI that exists or produce our own.

Pre-Existing
Pro: Passed Turing test already, is rather smart, no effort to make
Cons: We aren't the ones in control of the memories it acquires, and it is more difficult to maintain consistent beliefs

New one
Pro: We can control what new memories it learns and produce an original personality, and no risk of copyright stuff
Cons: Takes time to produce, and it's political views and personality will inherently be similar to its creator.

In response to the fact that I think we will settle on a New One, I've been creating one in my spare time. It's still pretty weak, but It seems to be learning at faster rates now.

---
Interact:
Signlight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Signlight on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:54 am

The new one's name is Emily.

---
Interact:
Signlight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top